The Carroll County Water Authority 8th Annual Gone Fishin’ Derby was held on Saturday, April 29, 2017 at the Snake Creek Recreation Area on Hutcheson Ferry Road. The derby benefits the Carroll County Outdoor Day Camp, which promotes outdoor education and sporting activities for youth.
1. It is the responsibility of all interested parties to read, understand, and follow all rules and restrictions. To assure compliance with the requirements, CCWA will issue licenses for all lake accesses. Access to the Reservoir by any person without a valid license issued by the Authority is prohibited.
2. Carroll County residents or property owners may purchase annual boat decals, annual fishing permits, 7-day fishing permits, or daily fishing permits. Permits are available for purchase at the CCWA Administrative Office during regular Lobby hours. All annual decals and permits expire on December 31st. Permits are not available for purchase at the reservoir.
3. Non-county residents may purchase 7-day fishing permits or daily fishing permits at the CCWA Administrative Office. Non-county residents must be accompanied by a Carroll County resident while at the reservoir.
4. License applications are available at the CCWA main office during regular Lobby hours (Monday – Friday). The office is closed on weekends and major holidays.
5. All persons must obtain a license. Licenses shall be available for purchase by Carroll County residents or property owners and non-county residents age 18 years and older. Persons under the age of 18 years old must have a license and be accompanied by an adult while on the Reservoir property. A valid Georgia fishing license is also required to fish on the lake.
6. Proof of residency is required.
7. Required fee (as posted at the CCWA office) is due at time of application. 17 yrs. and under-no charge for fishing license. License fees help defray the administrative cost of opening the reservoir for fishing and recreation.
8. Boat inspection by CCWA is required at time of license application. Boat decals must be affixed to the hull adjacent to the Georgia registration and above the water line.
9. License must be issued before lake access will be granted.
10. Licenses are non-refundable and non-transferable.
The Authority assumes no liability or responsibility for the safety or property of persons using the Reservoir or engaged in any activity on Authority property. Any person using the Reservoir or other Authority property shall exercise due care for their own safety and the safety of others and assumes full liability and responsibility for his or her actions and safe conduct.