How many gallons of water are in a Unit?

Every cubic foot of water is equal to 7.48 gallons. A Unit of water is 100 cubic feet (CCF) or 748 gallons.
Example:  6 Units of consumption = 4,488 gallons of water (6 x 748 = 4,488)

How much is the water tap fee? Service fee?

All rates and fees can be found on our website under Billing and Rates.

Can I pay my bill online?

Yes, you may pay your water bill online with a credit or debit card anytime. Just visit Pay Online to pay your bill with Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. We cannot accept American Express or checks over the phone.

Can I pay my bill over the phone?

Yes you may pay your water bill anytime with our Automated Phone Payment System by calling 770.832.1277 and pressing 1 to enter the payment system. Please have your account number available for phone entry.

Can I receive my bill by email?

For your convenience, eBilling and bank draft are available.

Can the 10% late fee be waived?

A 10% late fee is charged on accounts not paid by the due date on the bill. Unfortunately, this fee cannot be waived if the payment is received and postmarked after the due date.

Whose water line is it?

Carroll County Water Authority owns and operates water mains in the public right-of-way (up to and including the water meter). We are not responsible for private plumbing systems or the service line between the water meter and your home. Repairs to service line breaks that occur on the customer’s side are the responsibility of the customer.

If you discover a water main break or a leak on the utility side of the water meter, please contact our office at 770.832.1277.

If a service line break occurs between the water meter and your house or inside your house, you will need to shut the water off at the meter or other private shutoff valve. It is a good idea to know where your shutoff valve is and how to operate it before an emergency occurs.

Is the Snake Creek Reservoir open for public access?

Yes, the Snake Creek Reservoir is open. A public recreation area with pavilion, gazebo, floating dock and boat ramp has been constructed on Hutcheson Ferry Road. There is no fee to use the recreation area.

Carroll County residents may purchase annual boat decals, annual fishing permits, 7-day fishing permits, or daily fishing permits. Permits are available for purchase at the CCWA main office located at 556 Old Bremen Road in Carrollton during regular Lobby hours. All annual decals and permits expire on December 31st. Permits are not available for purchase at the reservoir.

Non-county residents may purchase 7-day fishing permits or daily fishing permits at the CCWA main office located at 556 Old Bremen Road in Carrollton. Non-county residents must be accompanied by a Carroll County resident while at the reservoir.

Details regarding fishing and boating at the Snake Creek Reservoir are available on the Recreation page.


556 Old Bremen Road
Carrollton, GA 30117

PO Box 739
Carrollton, GA 30112

770.832.1277 (Phone)

770.830.8853 (Fax)

Email Us